Web-to-Database or universal access to major databases
For a car loan institution, the project involved executing a real-time communication layer via Internet between PC stations under Visual Basic and a central machine running z/OS/CICS DB2.
- communication via Internet (PC for car dealerships accessing the central using the Internet and a provider)
- HTTP protocol between PCs and the Web server
- a Netscape Web server on a Sun machine
- MQSeries middleware between the SUN machine and the central machine
- writing of CICS transactions in Cobol