An intelligent driver for your database
iDBA-Online manages administration tasks and optimizes the cost of DB2 databases for z/OS®.
Database administration and maintenance tasks generate significant costs and use restrictions. Optimizing these processes enhances performance and manages loads.
The iDBA-Online solution
iDBA-Online is an intelligent piloting solution for administering and maintaining DB2 database operations for z/OS. The software optimises useful tasks such as reorganisations and back-ups, according to business constraints and their impact on application costs.
- Plan practical tasks only
- Increase data availability
- Free up DBA time
- Ultra-efficient integrated or IBM standard utilities
- Metrics display of database status
- Intelligent and transparent utility piloting
- Application cost analysis
- On-line or off-line reorganisation
- Synchronous or asynchronous back-up
- Data loading and unloading
A DBA at the heart of your system
Through the analysis of application costs and operational impacts, iDBA-Online organises maintenance operations so that global system performance system is optimised, while data integrity is guaranteed.
- iDBA-Online manages planning and execution of on-line or off-line reorganisation, synchronous or asynchronous back-ups and data loading and unloading operations.
- Reorganising tables and indices generates costs. Non-reorganising leads to increased resource consumption and performance deterioration. iDBA-Online assesses these costs to identify the objects to reorganise, and schedules practical tasks only.
- iDBA-Online optimises the frequency of back-ups to reduce costs while ensuring a maximum level of security.
- Defines operational strategies guarantees compliance with business constraints and techniques, as well as the data availability, back-up policies, CPU consumption, etc.
- iDBA-Online is fully compatible with standard DB2 utilities, and also includes its own ultra-fast utilities for reorganisation, back-up, loading and unloading.
iDBA-Online supervises all or part of company databases.
- iDBA-Online analyses available information via Real Time Statistics, or directly using the database datasets.
- Key information is stored in the internal iDBA-Online repository to reduce access to the statistics catalogue and take into account the data history in analyses.
- Utility performance and processing times are recorded to improve future organisation operations.
- Simulation mode detects necessary maintenance operations and assesses their processing times.
- The planner complies with user-defined constraints as well as forbidden times, data availability, CPU consumption, etc.
A clear and metric vision
As an industrial piloting tool for databases, iDBA-Online can operate in command line mode or via a web interface.
- Accessible via an internet browser, the interface facilitates configuration of core business constraints and offers a graphical view of planning.
- With this interface, the user can also directly launch and plan the utilities.
- Clear and precise statuses display the database metrics concerned and monitor maintenance operations.
- Intelligent planning of maintenance operations reduces both database costs and administration loads.
IDBA-Online, an intelligent driver for your DB2